Join David Elfassy for an in-depth discussion in this video Implement multifactor authentication, part of Learn Microsoft Azure: Active Directory.
- [Voiceover] To provide the greatest level of security…for authentication,…many companies are opting for multi-factor authentication.…Multi-factor authentication essentially…forcing your users to use two methods of authentication,…rather than one…is becoming a very popular option.…Now let's see how we implement…multi-factor authentication for our users in Azure AD.…So I'm going to go in to one of my directories,…which is my lynda AD directory…and click on my Users tab.…
As soon as I click on my Users tab,…you'll remember that I have two users in here,…but only one user that truly belongs to this directory.…My administrator account or my global admin account…is part of another directory.…My net log on travel directory.…My Zachary account that I created…specifically in this directory,…is really in here.…So what I'm going to do now is…click on Manage Multi-Factor Auth.…A separate window opens up…which is my multi-factor authentication window.…
A little side note,…you'll notice here that my icon for lynda.com is available…
Microsoft Azure Active Directory (Azure AD) provides most of the rich functionalities of Active Directory, with the conveniences of cloud-based computing. Azure AD also offers developers a great way to integrate identity management into applications. In this Azure training course, David Elfassy introduces the terminology and feature set in Azure AD. He shows how to implement and manage user and group accounts, join client computers, and implement single sign-on and multifactor authentication. (Industry standard protocols such as SAML 2.0, WS-Federation, and OpenID Connect makes sign-on possible on a variety of platforms.) In the final chapters of the course, David reviews the more advanced reporting and features in Azure AD and Azure AD Connect, including syncing on-premise Active Directory and Azure AD.
- Understanding directory as a service (DaaS)
- Using Azure AD management tools
- Creating an Azure AD directory
- Managing users and groups
- Enabling Active Directory self-service
- Implementing Azure AD authentication
- Running Active Directory reports