In this video, Sharon explains the benefits of business to business (B2B) collaboration, and shows how to add partner users to Azure Active Directory, allowing the partners to access your SaaS applications.
- [Instructor] In addition to our B2C Azure Active Directory, we can also implement B2B Collaboration, which is business to business. This allows us to add our business partners directly into our Azure Active Directory, enabling them to access our applications. The partner does not need an Azure subscription to do this. In the new portal, we add our users directly into the portal itself and then email invitation is sent. In the old portal, we imported these partners using the CSV file and then the email was sent.
Let's go ahead and take a look at how this works. As you can see, I'm already in the BennettDemo Azure Active Directory and we're going to go ahead and add a partner user. To do so, click on Add a User, provide a name, and then you're going to provide the email address. You'll notice immediately because I did not use our domain name, an additional box became available to me.
I can add a custom message and from here the rest of the process is similar to how we configure our regular user. We have our profile. We go ahead and add in the additional information if required. There's Properties which we cannot do anything with and then there is Groups. I have created a group for External Partners. This way I can group all those external partners together. Then I can associate that group with the SAS Application.
Go ahead and click Select, and then go ahead and click Create. The email invitation will now be sent to that email address. After a couple of minutes, the email popped into my inbox, and as you can see, we've been invited to access an application at the BennettDemo organization. There is a personalized message and I can go ahead and click Get Started. I now have to go ahead and set up an account. Click Next.
I've added a password and then Tell us a little bit more about yourself, I've just indicated that I'm an External Partner. Go ahead and click Next. I'm now going to go back to my email and check for that verification code. My verification code was emailed to me. I can go ahead and now click Finish. This will take a few moments for your account to be provisioned. I have now been logged into the Access panel or myapps.microsoft.com. If there was an application available to me, I could now access it.
Using the B2B Collaboration feature is a great way to share your applications with your business partners.
- Azure AD
- Adding company branding
- Adding a custom domain
- AD Connect configuration
- AD Connect Health
- Administering users and groups
- Configuring SaaS applications
- Granting conditional access
- Revoking access
- Application proxy and discovery
- Integrating web and desktop applications
- Creating an Azure AD B2C directory
- Registering an application
- Creating a Microsoft identity