Join David Elfassy for an in-depth discussion in this video Implement an Azure AD Premium subscription, part of Microsoft Azure: Active Directory.
- [Voiceover] I mentioned in a previous video in this course…that Azure AD comes in two flavors:…Azure AD Basic and Azure AD Premium.…Azure AD Premium is an add-on…to our Microsoft Azure subscription.…Now if I want to see the details of my subscription,…I would go in my Microsoft Azure portal,…click on subscriptions, and then I see my subscription…over here.…Note that I'm using a free trial so I can show you…all of the goodness within the Microsoft Azure AD.…
Here I see the details of my trial,…the amount of dollars left that I have…within my subscription, and I can even manage it…to look at the details of my subscription.…Now if I go to my active directory configuration…through the management portal of Azure,…I see that I have my directories that I've created here.…Now I want to show you here…a directory that I created earlier,…and I'm going to click on licenses.…And note that I have Azure Active Directory Premium.…
Now I actually purchased this plan.…Now, when I say purchase, I didn't pay anything for it.…There is a free 30-day trial…
Microsoft Azure Active Directory (Azure AD) provides most of the rich functionalities of Active Directory, with the conveniences of cloud-based computing. Azure AD also offers developers a great way to integrate identity management into applications. In this Azure training course, David Elfassy introduces the terminology and feature set in Azure AD. He shows how to implement and manage user and group accounts, join client computers, and implement single sign-on and multifactor authentication. (Industry standard protocols such as SAML 2.0, WS-Federation, and OpenID Connect makes sign-on possible on a variety of platforms.) In the final chapters of the course, David reviews the more advanced reporting and features in Azure AD and Azure AD Connect, including syncing on-premise Active Directory and Azure AD.
- Understanding directory as a service (DaaS)
- Using Azure AD management tools
- Creating an Azure AD directory
- Managing users and groups
- Enabling Active Directory self-service
- Implementing Azure AD authentication
- Running Active Directory reports