- [Instructor] The Update Management solution…in Azure automation allows you…to manage operating systems security updates…from your Windows and Linux computers deployed in Azure…on premise environments or other Cloud providers.…You can quickly assess the status of available updates…on all agent computers and manage the process…of installing required updates for servers.…After a computer performs a scan for update compliance,…the Microsoft Monitoring Agent or MMA…forwards the information in bulk to Log Analytics.…
On the Windows computer,…the compliance scan is performed every 12 hours by default.…In addition to the scan schedule,…the scan for updating compliance is initiated…within 15 minutes, if the MMA is restarted…prior to update installation and after update installation.…With a Linux computer, the compliance scan is performed…every three hours by default and the compliance scan…is initiated within 15 minutes if the MMA is restarted.…
The solution report on how to update the computer…are based on what sources you are configuring…
AuthorDavid M. Franklyn
- What is Operations Management Suite (OMS)?
- Deploying and configuring OMS
- Collecting and analyzing data
- Analyzing Log Analytics data
- Using OMS to monitor an on-premises environment
- Identifying critical updates
- IT Service Management Connector
Skill Level Beginner
1. What Is Microsoft Operations Management Suite (OMS)?
2. Deploy and Configure OMS
3. Collect and Analyze Data
4. Use OMS to Monitor an On-Premises Environment
Next steps1m 7s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.