Join Mike Benkovich for an in-depth discussion in this video IaaS DevOps patterns, part of Azure Enterprise Development: 1 Governance and Infrastructure Deployments.
- [Instructor] So, now that we've created a virtual machine,…let's make it useful.…Since we put this into the web subnet…it would be good if we had a web server running on it.…On the virtual machines they don't come with anything,…and so we have to add that.…Requirements for web deploy.…If I want to push code out to it,…it is documented in Microsoft Documents.…And the basic steps are that on a virtual machine…we'd need to install IIS…with the Management Console installed.…We add ASP.NET, whatever version we're using.…In this case, 4.6.…We would set up the Web Management Service,…and configure it to automatically start,…and then install Web Deploy 3.6,…and then reboot the machine a couple times.…
In the Azure Portal,…in order to be able to talk to this machine…because we have the default network security group…which blocks all kinds of traffic,…we need to add some inbound networking rules,…specifically, we need to add a rule for HTTP…so we can talk across port 80.…And also, we're going to use the Web Deploy instance…
Learn best practices for resource governance with resource groups, policies, tags, and role-based access control. Discover how to configure the infrastructure you need by provisioning virtual machines and creating virtual networks that connect your existing data centers to the cloud. Review the Azure disaster recovery features, and then learn how to use templates and automation to provision and deploy services more efficiently and consistently.
By the end of this overview, you will better understand the potential Azure has and be able to get the most value from the cloud. Watch part two of the series to learn how to modernize your apps with application services and the Azure PaaS offerings.
- Setting up an Azure subscription
- Implementing tags and policies
- Provisioning virtual machines
- Using Azure templates
- Operationalizing a virtual machine
- Using SQL Azure for data storage