Summarize the differences between orchestration and configuration management technologies and scenarios in which each might be optimal
- [Instructor] We've discussed a lot of tools. … Let's take a look scenarios where you may choose … IaC over configuration management tools … or the other way around. … ARM templates are a great tool to use … if all your deployments are in Azure. … One of the main benefits you get here … are full resource provisioning support. … A good example of this is a few years back, … Terraform didn't have the ability … to provision AKS instances. … Whereas through ARM templates, you could do this. … Finally, if you want integration with existing services … such as blueprints and tracking deployments in the portal, … this is a great solution. … Terraform shines when you have multicloud setups. … Another cool factor is the ability to execute other scripts … such as Powershelf and within Terraform. … Lastly, the concept of state is very powerful. … It gives us the ability to revert whenever we need to. … Whereas with ARM templates, … you can only do rollback in limited scenarios. … Configuration management tools are especially useful …
AuthorGurinder Singh Mann
- Developing an infrastructure strategy
- Managing technical debt
- Managing Amazon Kubernetes Service (AKS)
- Deploying applications on AKS
- Scaling your Kubernetes clusters
- Implementing infrastructure as code
- Deploying Azure resources via Terraform
- Implementing security and compliance
Skill Level Intermediate
Azure for DevOps: Dependency Managementwith Gurinder Singh Mann47m 5s Intermediate
Who is this course for?1m 4s
1. Infrastructure and Configuration Management
2. Manage Kubernetes Service
3. Implementing Infrastructure as Code
4. Implement Security and Compliance
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.