The demonstration will feature an overview of Azure virtual machines and creating an Azure virtual machine from a template. Sharon will also discuss the virtual machine settings and configuration options both during the creation of the virtual machine and after deployment. Adding a virtual disk to the virtual machine will be demonstrated.
- [Instructor] We're gonna go ahead…and create a virtual machine.…As I have already mentioned,…I like to do this from the resource group.…We're gonna use our resource group mscloud,…I'm going to go ahead and just click Add.…In my case I'm just gonna go ahead and type server.…I know I'm looking for Server 2012 R2,…but I wanna show you some of the other templates…that are available to you.…You'll notice here we have Ubuntu Server,…we have a full SQL Server ready to go,…for those of you who like Minecraft,…a Minecraft Server is available to you.…We have Chef in there,…and again, the list goes on.…
For this demo I'm gonna go ahead and select 2012 R2.…I'm going to be deploying this to the Resource Manager,…and I'm gonna go ahead and give it a Name.…As I already have one server called mscloud…within this resource group…I'm gonna go ahead, create a second one,…and this will be a file server.…Now we can go ahead and select the type of disk…we wanna attach to this virtual machine.…We can either go ahead and select an SSD, solid-state,…
- Understanding cloud technologies
- Why Azure?
- Creating virtual networks and storage
- Using Azure Active Directory for identity management and protection
- Disaster recovery with Azure Backup and Azure Site Recovery
- Working with virtual machines