In this video, Pete Zerger demonstrates a few of the compliance and configuration policy options available in Microsoft Intune (standalone), and discusses how Microsoft Intune enhances conditional access in Azure Active Directory Premium.
- Microsoft Intune is a cloud based service…with myriad features.…And while exhaustive coverage of Intune…is not in scope for this course,…I want to share some info on Intune standalone features…and more specifically, how you can better manage…and secure a Windows 10 given…the security focus of this course.…I'm logged in to the Azure portal,…where I can now find Intune on the left navigation pane.…Now here on the new portal, I can browse…and create policies to manage my Windows 10 devices.…
Let's start by looking at a compliant policy,…which allows me to establish a baseline,…for what a compliant device means in Windows 10.…So I'll open a policy that's already been configured…and we'll see a few basic properties here.…So I can require devices to be reported…as healthy by windows device Health Attestation Service,…which is a new feature in Windows 10…that can check for settings like boot attributes…like TPM chips and Bitlocker…to better protect our internal network from outside…computers that don't meet corporate standards.…
In this course—the first in the series—Microsoft MVP Pete Zerger takes you through the basics of setting up endpoint protection. He begins by explaining how to set up Azure Active Directory Premium. Next, he goes into enabling multi-factor authentication, followed by setting conditions for secure access. To wrap up, Pete covers managing mobile devices with Intune, and publishing applications with Azure AD App Proxy.
- Setting up Azure Active Directory for an organization
- Enabling user-level and application-level multi-factor authentication
- Setting conditions for secure access
- Planning a mobile device management (MDM) strategy
- How Intune (standalone) MDM works
- How Intune mobile application management works
- Publishing applications with Azure AD App Proxy
- Assigning users and groups