Move into Autodesk Maya and see exactly how to reduce the poly count of a high poly model.
- Okay.…So we've learned how to use the Crazybump…to create or apply maps to basic objects.…Planes and spheres.…But what happens if we start out with quite a complex object…and we want to take that high poly object…that someone has modeled up?…It looks gorgeous.…We want it in our space.…We want to somehow work at…how to reduce the poly count of it.…
But we don't want to lose too much of…the visual aspect of it.…Are there things we can do?…- There are definitely things we that can do.…So if we move back into Maya…here on my computer.…You'll see that I've got a high poly model version…of this helmet here.…Which has a lot of polygons and topology on that.…A lot more than it needs…and I've also gone and reduced one here.…Which has significantly less than what the first one does.…- [Man] Of course.…So how did you get that reduction to happen?…- [Christina] So if I just duplicated this one here first.…
And I'll move it over here.…So we can have a look.…So if I go to my modeling menu and go to mesh.…Reduce.…Options.…You have a lot of options here.…
- Mixed reality
- Setting up the camera and scenes
- Gaze in Unity
- Building movement and teleporting
- Setting up audio in Unity
- Conditional compilation in Unity
- Creating simple models using Paint 3D
- Topology and polygon count
- Normal maps, bump maps, and CrazyBump
- Fixing issues using Maya and Visual Studio
- Exploring the frame debugger
- Building an application in Visual Studio
- Submitting an app to the Windows Store
Skill Level Intermediate
App Development for Microsoft HoloLenswith Dennis Vroegop2h 53m Intermediate
1. Introduction to Unity
2. Developing in Unity: Gaze
3. Developing in Unity: Movement
4. Developing in Unity: Speech and Audio
5. Conditional Compilation
Building for UWP5m 5s
6. Designing for MR
7. Optimization and Debugging
8. Deploying with Visual Studio 2017
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.