Join Mike Benkovich for an in-depth discussion in this video Governance considerations, part of Azure Enterprise Development: 1 Governance and Infrastructure Deployments.
- [Instructor] So, when we look at going into the Cloud,…we really have to think about all of the things.…When a company goes into the Cloud,…it's not just, let's go spin up things,…it's, let's do it with some thinking.…We have to be thinking about…how we create the subscriptions.…Do we need one subscription or multiple subscriptions?…How do we manage access, how do we manage resources?…There's many things that we need to look at…and having a governance model will help you…ensure the success of your Cloud journey.…So, when we think about a governance model,…we really are talking about it…where you've got your Azure Enterprise Agreement,…whether it's a EA, whether you're doing a pay-as-you-go,…or even if you're doing the free trial,…you create a number of different types of subscriptions.…
A user can create as many subscriptions as they want,…an enterprise can.…And within those subscriptions,…we can go out and create resources…that are deployed, ultimately,…inside of a resource group.…Resource groups contain,…it's like a boundary,…
Learn best practices for resource governance with resource groups, policies, tags, and role-based access control. Discover how to configure the infrastructure you need by provisioning virtual machines and creating virtual networks that connect your existing data centers to the cloud. Review the Azure disaster recovery features, and then learn how to use templates and automation to provision and deploy services more efficiently and consistently.
By the end of this overview, you will better understand the potential Azure has and be able to get the most value from the cloud. Watch part two of the series to learn how to modernize your apps with application services and the Azure PaaS offerings.
- Setting up an Azure subscription
- Implementing tags and policies
- Provisioning virtual machines
- Using Azure templates
- Operationalizing a virtual machine
- Using SQL Azure for data storage