Learn how to enable microphone capabilities, which allow your application to capture voice once deployed on Windows 10.
- Okay so that's great, we now can build an application…that can listen to us and there's one more thing…we need to do that if we actually want this to work…on a headset. - Yeah, that's right.…- Because by default UWP application…doesn't let you use the microphone.…- It doesn't.…- So there's a way of changing that right?…It's a capability we can set.…- Absolutely, so you know, visuals queue and manifest,…that's where all of our capabilities are set.…So in Unity, we have the option to actually change…those capabilities before it gets exported.…So if we go into, I'll just do that again, sorry,…file, build settings, - Yep.…
- [Tech] My build settings have come up,…I'm on UWP here, as you can see.…I'm gonna go to higher settings.…And if we go down to publishing settings,…and a little bit further down…into the subsection of capabilities,…we have to ensure that microphone is selected.…And that goes the same for any of those other things…that you might need, depending on what device you're on.…- [Other Tech] So if you wanted to use any…
- Mixed reality
- Setting up the camera and scenes
- Gaze in Unity
- Building movement and teleporting
- Setting up audio in Unity
- Conditional compilation in Unity
- Creating simple models using Paint 3D
- Topology and polygon count
- Normal maps, bump maps, and CrazyBump
- Fixing issues using Maya and Visual Studio
- Exploring the frame debugger
- Building an application in Visual Studio
- Submitting an app to the Windows Store
Skill Level Intermediate
App Development for Microsoft HoloLenswith Dennis Vroegop2h 53m Intermediate
1. Introduction to Unity
2. Developing in Unity: Gaze
3. Developing in Unity: Movement
4. Developing in Unity: Speech and Audio
5. Conditional Compilation
Building for UWP5m 5s
6. Designing for MR
7. Optimization and Debugging
8. Deploying with Visual Studio 2017
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.