Explore how you can get language names provided you send in the language codes.
- [Instructor] Now we just examined two different ways…of getting the supported languages,…and you know if you look at the output…that you got back, you saw these language codes EN ET FJ.…But what does FJ mean?…Fijian, I'm not sure, can we find out?…So the thing is that sometimes you want…an English friendly description for that particular language…so you parse in the language code and you wish to know…what the actual language was.…
Luckily the translate text API supports exactly that.…Let's see how that works.…So we say function get language names,…so you can get the names for multiple languages at one time…and actually when you're asking for these language names…you may want to say hey I'd like the names…returned in German for instance.…So I will say locale string,…so this is the locale we are asking for the language is in,…so we'll say const request options…is get request options, so that helper method…that we had down that.…
And here I'm going to make some minor modifications…to the returned object, so I'm going to say…
- Text Analytics API
- Detecting language using text analytics
- Detecting key phrases and sentiment
- Bing Spell Check API
- Translator Text API
- Writing code for translating between languages
- Performing text-to-speech
- Language Understanding (LUIS)
- Writing code to create a LUIS app
Skill Level Advanced
Creating Bots with the Microsoft Bot Framework, Part 1with Scott Peterson45m 41s Intermediate
Learning Microsoft Cognitive Services for Developerswith Sahil Malik1h 42m Intermediate
1. The Basics
2. Text Analytics API
3. Bing Spell Check API
4. Translator Text API
6. LUIS Authoring APIs
Next steps1m 7s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.