PowerShell is extremely powerful but can seem daunting. Luckily, help is always easily accessible. In this video, learn where to go to find help with PowerShell commands.
- [Instructor] I want to show you how to get help … with the PowerShell. … Now keep in mind, we're getting help … with commands that have to do with resource groups … and creating a new virtual machine. … But no matter what you do with the PowerShell … in Azure, you can use what I'm going to show you … to help you along your journey of learning PowerShell. … So, the first one I want to show you is this. … It is get-help … and what this gets helps about … is getting help. … I'm going to scroll up so you can see a little bit better … and it is pretty descriptive … about how you go about getting help. … Let's clear the screen. … Now we're going to say get-help … and we're going to be specific … about what we want to get help about. … If you type in get-help and then any command, … it's going to give you help … about that command, so the one we want to get help on … is get-AzResourceGroup, … now I can even hit Tab here. … And it's going to populate that in. … So, I'm going to hit Enter … and this is what it does. …
- Customizing the Azure portal
- Creating and deploying resources
- Using the Azure CLI
- Deploying and configuring resources with the CLI
- Deploying and configuring resources with PowerShell
- Deploying resources with JSON templates