In this video, write code to authenticate and get an access token returned.
- Now you just saw the Bing speech API's capability…to convert speech to text.…Can it also convert text to speech?…Absolutely it can.…In other words, I'd like to write a function now…called convertTextToSpeech…that accepts some inputText as string…and I should be able to call it like this…convertTextToSpeech and just pass in some arbitrary text.…
I'll say "This is a test of text to speech".…And I am expecting this function to…write out a file…with the audio of whatever text I passed it.…How do we go about doing that?…Well first we need to get the access token.…So here's how we do that.…const authRequestOptions equals,…let's give a type, request.CoreOptions,…just to make sure there are no typos,…and headers…and the header that I wish to be able to pass in…I'll just steal it from down here…which is the key for the Bing speech API.…
Right, so that's my authentication header.…Let's go ahead and get the access token.…request.post…and I will issue a post…to config.speech.bingSpeech.authEndPoint…issueToken…authRequestOptions…
- Using the Translate Text API
- Getting supported languages
- Writing code to translate between languages
- Performing text to speech
- Setting up speech to text
- Writing code for speaker identification
Skill Level Advanced
Creating Bots with the Microsoft Bot Framework, Part 1with Scott Peterson45m 41s Intermediate
Learning Microsoft Cognitive Services for Developerswith Sahil Malik1h 42m Intermediate
1. The Basics
2. Translation Text API
3. Bing Speech API
4. Speaker Recognition API
Next steps1m 9s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.