Explore some code examples. Learn how to improve your code architecture and use of code to ensure a better frame rate for your applications.
- [Instructor] What we can do…is we can unpack this script a bit.…I'll just stop that.…Here it is, here.…You're gonna find out a better idea of what's happening.…So let's go to the update.…And so, here we've got a timer that I've set up,…and using Time.deltaTime, which is just our regular seconds,…every .1 of a second, it will go into this here.…So it won't run exactly every update.…So I've been a bit kind to the computer in that sense.…
(Colleague laughs)…But it's still gotta calculate--…- [Colleague] But you're actually forcing…a lot of the frame rate, to some degree…by doing this, right?…- [Instructor] Yep, absolutely right.…- [Colleague] 'cause you're actually saying,…I don't want this to run,…- As fast as... - As fast as every frame.…I want this to run every, well,…if you need, you know, every tenth of a second, essentially.…So, which would give you 10 frames per second,…which is pretty poor already.…- [Instructor] Yes, absolutely.…So already we can see that there are just…issues with this kind of thing.…
We then go down slightly.…
- Mixed reality
- Setting up the camera and scenes
- Gaze in Unity
- Building movement and teleporting
- Setting up audio in Unity
- Conditional compilation in Unity
- Creating simple models using Paint 3D
- Topology and polygon count
- Normal maps, bump maps, and CrazyBump
- Fixing issues using Maya and Visual Studio
- Exploring the frame debugger
- Building an application in Visual Studio
- Submitting an app to the Windows Store
Skill Level Intermediate
App Development for Microsoft HoloLenswith Dennis Vroegop2h 53m Intermediate
1. Introduction to Unity
2. Developing in Unity: Gaze
3. Developing in Unity: Movement
4. Developing in Unity: Speech and Audio
5. Conditional Compilation
Building for UWP5m 5s
6. Designing for MR
7. Optimization and Debugging
8. Deploying with Visual Studio 2017
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.