Join Chander Dhall for an in-depth discussion in this video Field types, part of Azure Search for Developers.
- [Instructor] These are some of the field types…that are supported as of now.…As you can guess, Edm.String is simple string text…that can optionally be tokenized for full text search.…And that's where we use stemmers or breaking…the word behind the scenes and that's how it works.…Well the next one is collection,…which is in this case a collection of strings.…And what does that really mean?…It's a list of strings that can still…be tokenized for a full text search if need be.…
And one thing to keep in mind is that…there is no upper limit on the number…of items that a collection can have,…but then there's a 16 megabits upper limit…of the payload size that applies to collections.…So that's something we got to keep in mind,…but that's a lot.…You will probably never run into it.…And as you know Boolean has two files…and we have two kind of integer values.…One is integer 32, 64, and if you have larger numbers…or numbers that acquire floating points,…you're better off going with Double…and then you also have the DateTimeOffset,…
- Querying and indexing
- Creating a search service
- Using APIs during searching
- Importing JSON data
- Handling synonyms
- Working with suggestors and facets
Skill Level Beginner
Learning Azure Mobile Serviceswith David Isbitski2h 17m Intermediate
1. Search Fundamentals
2. Azure Search
3. CRUD Operations
4. Advanced Search Functionality
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.