Join Chander Dhall for an in-depth discussion in this video Fallacies of distributed computing, part of NoSQL Development with DocumentDB in Azure.
- Fallacies of distributed computing.…Now if you've really never worked on a system…that involves multiple servers,…the first time you try to work…on distributed computing,…you might assume certain things.…And those could be…that network is reliable,…'cause you may never assume…the network is going to break,…and if the network breaks,…what really happens?…You might assume that the latency is zero,…which actually never is.…Anytime you add a hop,…even that means a web server or a database server,…you're going to have to see who is the user.…
Someone who's going to be on a mobile phone…while he's driving a car…is going to have a very different latency…than someone sitting on a fiber-optic gigapower network.…At the same time,…the servers are going to require bandwidth…and depends on how much traffic you have.…Bandwidth could be limited in the entire data center.…And network is secure,…which is another fallacy.…I would highly recommend reading this article.…In 1994, Peter Deutsch drafted about seven assumptions…that architects and designers…
- Back-end scaling fundamentals
- Fallacies of distributed computing
- Consistency models
- Data migration
- DocumentDB with .NET and Node.js
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Backend Scaling Fundamentals
2. Get Started with DocumentDB
3. DocumentDB with .NET
4. DocumentDB with Node.js
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.