In this video, learn how to export models from Paint 3D, ready to be used in your mixed reality application.
- Okay, so now how do I get this model into my MR world?…- That's a good question.…So if you go here to the menu,…you'll see there's an Export file.…And there's 3D, FBX, or there's a whole…range of other--…- [Man's Voice] Okay.…- [Woman's Voice] Formats.…- [Man's Voice] And I can import those…into my Unity project.…- [Woman's Voice] Yeah, FBX is the best format…to import into Unity.…So you can just save it out to wherever…your file would go.…- [Male Voice] Awesome.…And there's another trick you can do here as well…to test it in a MR type world, which is kind of fun too.…
- So there's a little mix reality…button here that you can click.…And it'll bring your webcam up…and your little model that you just created.…So you can click around the screen to place your model,…to put it in my hand.…And you can see I can move my hand around it a little bit…and move it around.…- [Man's Voice] And there's that little smiley face…that we created, and you're moving him…forward and backwards and up and down.…
That's a lot of fun.…- Yeah.…
- Mixed reality
- Setting up the camera and scenes
- Gaze in Unity
- Building movement and teleporting
- Setting up audio in Unity
- Conditional compilation in Unity
- Creating simple models using Paint 3D
- Topology and polygon count
- Normal maps, bump maps, and CrazyBump
- Fixing issues using Maya and Visual Studio
- Exploring the frame debugger
- Building an application in Visual Studio
- Submitting an app to the Windows Store
Skill Level Intermediate
App Development for Microsoft HoloLenswith Dennis Vroegop2h 53m Intermediate
1. Introduction to Unity
2. Developing in Unity: Gaze
3. Developing in Unity: Movement
4. Developing in Unity: Speech and Audio
5. Conditional Compilation
Building for UWP5m 5s
6. Designing for MR
7. Optimization and Debugging
8. Deploying with Visual Studio 2017
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.