The Profiler is an excellent Unity tool. This tool helps you analyze the strengths and weaknesses of your application, including code architecture, scene setup, and graphics.
- Let's have a look and see how in Unity,…we can start measuring some of this stuff.…Let's cut over to you screen.…You've got what looks like it…should be a fairly simple scene setup here,…with some primitive cubes.…- [Elliot] Yep, that's correct.…So I've got 15 cubes here,…and in a minute, when we see them all running,…they're all under this parent here.…They're running this first test script,…and it essentially gets them to cycle through each randomly,…a color, and they change there in transparency…and do a whole bunch of other things…which you would probably want to avoid,…so we're kind of going back to front with this…wherein we're starting with the scene…which would possible cause issues, so it's a bit realistic,…so that if you've got your application already built,…these are things you might be able to look out for.…
So the first big one, I think,…and it's worth keeping these in mind any time,…is the stats gizmo here.…It, and that's quite fast frame rate right now,…but if we start our application,…it tells us at what frame rate this is running.…
- Mixed reality
- Setting up the camera and scenes
- Gaze in Unity
- Building movement and teleporting
- Setting up audio in Unity
- Conditional compilation in Unity
- Creating simple models using Paint 3D
- Topology and polygon count
- Normal maps, bump maps, and CrazyBump
- Fixing issues using Maya and Visual Studio
- Exploring the frame debugger
- Building an application in Visual Studio
- Submitting an app to the Windows Store
Skill Level Intermediate
App Development for Microsoft HoloLenswith Dennis Vroegop2h 53m Intermediate
1. Introduction to Unity
2. Developing in Unity: Gaze
3. Developing in Unity: Movement
4. Developing in Unity: Speech and Audio
5. Conditional Compilation
Building for UWP5m 5s
6. Designing for MR
7. Optimization and Debugging
8. Deploying with Visual Studio 2017
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.