- Creating modern data applications
- Working with relational databases
- Cloud features of Azure SQL
- Working with Cosmos DB
- Using Azure Storage
Skill Level Advanced
- [Mike] Data is the currency of tomorrow and with the explosion of IoT, edge devices, cloud computing, and cheap storage, it's never been more important to define and build around a solid data architecture that leverages the available storage options in Azure. The tools of yesterday brought us to where we are, but the relational engine is not your only choice. In this course, we'll look at data options in Azure including relational, NoSQL, and document databases and we'll show the pros and cons of each. I'll walk you through converting a real application from using SQL server to using Cosmos database and Azure storage. We'll see how to leverage these storage patterns to make the most out of our investment in the cloud. I'm Mike Benkovich and in my experience as a developer and a data architect, the decisions of how and where to store data have expanded and requires new designs and approaches to make sure that you can get performance and value from the data. Join me in my LinkedIn Learning course to dive into the data options in Azure for the modern cloud app.
1. Building Modern Data Applications
2. Working with SQL Azure
3. Working with Cosmos DB
4. Using Azure Storage
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.