The Frame Debugger is another important tool in the Unity arsenal. Learn what this tool is and how to leverage its potential.
- Okay so,…we just learned how to use the profiler…and identify where problems are.…And then we went and fixed some kind of fake problems…that you had written purposefully bad code…so that we could get some nicer code…and increase our frame rate.…Now there's other things we can do.…And that was all about CPU consumption.…- Absolutely.…- Now there's some other things we can do…to look at GPU performance…and how we can optimize for…what the GPU is doing.…
And what tools have we got available within Unity…to help us do that?…- Yep, so Unity has the frame debugger tool,…which is a really useful tool.…I won't open it just yet because it's best…to actually have a scene running…and then pausing it.…So I'll just talk about it.…It's essentially…what you want to aim at…when you're making your GPU a little bit more performant…is actually making the work of it a lot easier.…So the CPU does a lot of work…sending its information to the GPU.…
So, in the frame debugger,…you will eventually see that there's things like,…there's different kinds of branded content in there,…
- Mixed reality
- Setting up the camera and scenes
- Gaze in Unity
- Building movement and teleporting
- Setting up audio in Unity
- Conditional compilation in Unity
- Creating simple models using Paint 3D
- Topology and polygon count
- Normal maps, bump maps, and CrazyBump
- Fixing issues using Maya and Visual Studio
- Exploring the frame debugger
- Building an application in Visual Studio
- Submitting an app to the Windows Store
Skill Level Intermediate
App Development for Microsoft HoloLenswith Dennis Vroegop2h 53m Intermediate
1. Introduction to Unity
2. Developing in Unity: Gaze
3. Developing in Unity: Movement
4. Developing in Unity: Speech and Audio
5. Conditional Compilation
Building for UWP5m 5s
6. Designing for MR
7. Optimization and Debugging
8. Deploying with Visual Studio 2017
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.