In this video, get an overview of the Azure portal and how to personalize it.
- [Instructor] On the dashboard you have a great many options and it can be a bit overwhelming, but we're going to take a look at this entire portal step-by-step as we go. The first thing to look at is how you make the portal your own. You do that by coming up to this gear, which is marked Settings. Click on that, and you'll see that you have quite a number of choices for personalizing your portal. The first thing that I notice is that I've got two subscriptions noted, Visual Studio Enterprise with MSDN, Windows Azure MSDN, and I can even check Pay As You Go.
These are the services and subscriptions that will be available to me through this portal. I can choose a different theme, which will change the entire appearance of the portal. I can enable or disable animations and so forth. And once I have it the way I want, I can click Apply. That is going to make any changes to the setup of the dashboard. As you can see from the menu above the dashboard, you can create a new dashboard, you can edit this dashboard, and you can clone it, delete it, go to fullscreen, and so forth.
On the left is a menu of services. You can expand or contract that menu with the little hamburger on top. And we're going to examine many of these as we go in this and future courses.
- Examining and personalizing the Azure portal
- Creating an app service
- Creating an ASP.NET application with Visual Studio
- Viewing your published app
- Creating a virtual machine
- Triggering Azure functions