In this video, get an introduction to engons and triangles in 3D models.
- Okay, so we looked at polygons.…What are engons and triangles?…- Okay so, we want to be modeling,…when we create a model of any kind,…we want to make sure that our polygons are four sided,…and don't have any more than four sides.…If you have a character, or a mesh,…or anything that you're exporting…and putting into your MR environment,…that has maybe five or more sides,…that's what we call an engon.…
An engon can cause a whole bunch of trouble for you.…It can be the reason for your application crashing.…It can be the reason for lag, it's horrible.…- And, why is that?…- So, the graphics and the way…that most applications render,…can't handle those shapes. - Right.…- And, so polygons are essentially two triangles,…so what's the problem with just using triangles?…- So, you could model your character in triangles.…
It's a lot easier to use polygons, instead.…And, then when you're inputting into Unity,…it automatically triangulates it for you, anyway.…- And, that's actually one of the tricks…is that by using four sided polygons,…
- Mixed reality
- Setting up the camera and scenes
- Gaze in Unity
- Building movement and teleporting
- Setting up audio in Unity
- Conditional compilation in Unity
- Creating simple models using Paint 3D
- Topology and polygon count
- Normal maps, bump maps, and CrazyBump
- Fixing issues using Maya and Visual Studio
- Exploring the frame debugger
- Building an application in Visual Studio
- Submitting an app to the Windows Store
Skill Level Intermediate
App Development for Microsoft HoloLenswith Dennis Vroegop2h 53m Intermediate
1. Introduction to Unity
2. Developing in Unity: Gaze
3. Developing in Unity: Movement
4. Developing in Unity: Speech and Audio
5. Conditional Compilation
Building for UWP5m 5s
6. Designing for MR
7. Optimization and Debugging
8. Deploying with Visual Studio 2017
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.