Learn about the option to encrypt data at rest, protecting stored date from attackers and satisfying auditors.
- [Instructor] Now that we've dealt with authentication…and authorization we also need to deal with secrecy…of our data.…So select your storage account in the Azure Portal…and scroll down up to where you see Encryption.…In this case I'm looking at just the blob service,…but it's worth noting that the storage service encryption…in this case is currently disabled.…So we can have our data encrypted while at rest,…meaning while it is stored on disk in the Cloud…so that the Azure Storage account essentially does…encryption for us transparently, so when I enable this here,…any blobs I write into the storage account will be encrypted…as they're written and only decrypted…as and when I need them.…
Now this is significant because in the case of our auditors…look at this and Dakesh might look at this,…compromising a storage account currently without encryption…requires only compromising the storage account.…So it's one big target.…But once the data's encrypted at rest, you would need…to compromise two targets, both the storage system…
- Azure Storage overview
- Azure Storage security
- Deploying Azure Storage
- Accessing Azure Storage files
- Passing messages with Azure Storage queues
- Storing unstructured data with Azure Storage blobs
- Storing structured data in Azure Storage tables (Cosmos DB)
Skill Level Intermediate
NoSQL Development with Azure Redis and C#with Anton Delsink4h 14m Intermediate
4. Azure Storage Files
5. Azure Storage Queues
6. Azure Storage Blobs
7. Azure Storage Tables
Next steps1m 19s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.