In this video, Pete Zerger demonstrates how to enable Multi-Factor Authentication at the app level with Azure Active Directory Premium. Learn how to control MFA behavior based on a user's location, group membership, or device health.
- [Narrator] Now I'll demonstrate how…to enable multi-factor authentication…at the application level.…Here I am in the Azure portal.…I'll click the classic portal link…which should automatically log me in…to my default directory.…I'll now browse to the applications tab…which will show me a list of my enterprise applications.…In this example, I'll pick office 365 exchange online…and when I click the configure tab,…this will show me a few settings…that enable enabling multi-factor authentications…specifically for this app.…
You'll notice I can turn on multi-factor authentication…and now I have some options.…I can apply to all users.…I can apply to groups.…I can make exceptions to multi-factor…and you'll notice in the rules section here,…I can control some aspects of multi-factor behavior.…I can by default require multi-factor authentication…for all requests.…I can require multi-factor only when a user is not at work…meaning when their IP address is not trusted.…I can even block access when that user…is outside of the office.…
In this course—the first in the series—Microsoft MVP Pete Zerger takes you through the basics of setting up endpoint protection. He begins by explaining how to set up Azure Active Directory Premium. Next, he goes into enabling multi-factor authentication, followed by setting conditions for secure access. To wrap up, Pete covers managing mobile devices with Intune, and publishing applications with Azure AD App Proxy.
- Setting up Azure Active Directory for an organization
- Enabling user-level and application-level multi-factor authentication
- Setting conditions for secure access
- Planning a mobile device management (MDM) strategy
- How Intune (standalone) MDM works
- How Intune mobile application management works
- Publishing applications with Azure AD App Proxy
- Assigning users and groups