In this demonstration video, learn how to back up an Azure virtual machine or machines via the Azure Recovery vault using a preconfigured schedule.
- [Instructor] In the previous lesson,…I showed you how to back up an Azure VM…from within the VM blade itself.…Now let's go ahead and set up a backup…from the recovery services vault blade.…I've already logged into Azure.…I'm in the recovery services vault blade,…and I'm going to go ahead and open up…a recovery vault LIL demo.…I'm going to scroll over a little bit.…Our next step is to go ahead and click on add backup.…And you'll notice this looks very familiar…to the process that we used when we went to backup…our files and folders on our server.…
Except here, we are going to go ahead…and choose "what do you want to backup?"…In our case we're going to select "Virtual Machine".…Go ahead click "Ok".…Next you can go ahead and choose your backup policy.…I can go ahead and create a new backup policy…or I can use the backup policy that I created…in our last lesson.…And I am going to do that.…Click "OK".…Now I have the options to select the virtual machines…that I'd like to backup.…And this will tend to be a faster way…
Note: As an intermediate-level course, an existing understanding of the Azure platform is required. The course can also serve to deepen the skills of IT professionals wishing to prepare for Azure certification.
- Monitoring Azure solutions
- Operations Management Suite, Azure Service Health, and Azure Application Insights
- Azure regions and domains
- Designing a recovery strategy with Azure Site Recovery and Azure Backup
- Configuring and deploying your recovery strategy
- Azure Automation use cases