Join Chander Dhall for an in-depth discussion in this video Documents and fields, part of Azure Search for Developers.
- [Instructor] In the example we just looked at,…we had a document and the document had a bunch of fields,…which is going to be the case any time we index anything.…So when we start indexing any document,…the most important thing to keep…in mind are the field options.…And they are analysis, which literally means indexing.…And then storing, and then the term vectors.…Indexing and storing are easy to understand.…
An index is nothing more than a map or a dictionary,…from terms to documents.…The analysis option controls…how the field will be indexed,…and therefore how it will be searched.…Will it break the text into tokens…and then search the tokens?…Or is it going to search it as a whole value…and just do a point query?…For example, searching using an ID.…When we search using an ID,…we have to make sure we have the entire value as it is.…
The storing option also makes a decision…as to are we going to store the actual data…in the index or not.…Let's look into the field options for analysis.…The first one is Index.ANALYZED.…
- Querying and indexing
- Creating a search service
- Using APIs during searching
- Importing JSON data
- Handling synonyms
- Working with suggestors and facets
Skill Level Beginner
Learning Azure Mobile Serviceswith David Isbitski2h 17m Intermediate
1. Search Fundamentals
2. Azure Search
3. CRUD Operations
4. Advanced Search Functionality
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.