Learn how to use the diagnostics, instrumentation, and logging tools in Microsoft Azure to manage the health, security, performance, and cost of Azure services and systems.
- [Sahil] When you write applications for production use for a number of users in the cloud or otherwise, your eyes and ears is telemetry. Frankly, without telemetry, it would be like flying an airplane in the dark and fog without instruments. Pretty crazy, right? In this course, I explain all of the capabilities of Azure that are centered around diagnostics, instrumentation, and logging in Azure apps. I talk about topics such as application insights, log analytics, diagnostic logging, and finally, what truly brings it all together, Azure Monitor. By the end of this course, you will gain the superpowers to not only manage the various resources in your Azure subscription from a security, reliability, and best practices point of view. You will also gain the ability to lower costs and gain a much deeper capability to analyze all those resources you have provisioned in the Azure or other clouds, or even on premises. Hi, my name is Sahil Malik, and I hope you enjoy this course. Thank you for watching.
- Using Application Insights to track and record exceptions
- Viewing exception details
- Diagnostic logging
- Viewing activity logs in Azure Monitor
- Assessing service health in Azure Monitor
- Displaying parameters from VMs and containers
- Tracking network-related assets
- Estimating your bill
- Viewing security and performance recommendations