Explore the process of submitting an input text sample and have text analytics detect the sentiment.
- [Narrator] The Text Analytics API also allows you…to detect sentiment of the passed-in sentence.…Yes, it's exactly what it sounds like.…You pass in a sentence and it rates the sentence…on a zero to one, zero being negative,…or a depressing, downwards, pessimistic…sort of a sentence, and one being happy.…So, let's go ahead and write a function…called detectSentiment that allows me to detect…the sentiment of the passed-in sentence.…The good news is that that function looks identical…to detectLanguage, so, you know, instead of /languages,…we'll simply call in and point called /sentiment.…
Let me go ahead and copy/paste the detect language function,…and, while I'm at it, let's also go ahead and comment out…detectKeyPhrases, and at the very end, here,…after detectKeyPhrases, I'm going to duplicate…the detectLanguage function, and choose…to rename it to detectSentiment.…Now, as I mentioned, earlier, sentiments are unique…to the language, or the culture,…that you want to detect the sentiment in.…
So, I'm going to pass in another parameter, here,…
- Text Analytics API
- Detecting language using text analytics
- Detecting key phrases and sentiment
- Bing Spell Check API
- Translator Text API
- Writing code for translating between languages
- Performing text-to-speech
- Language Understanding (LUIS)
- Writing code to create a LUIS app
Skill Level Intermediate
Learning Microsoft Cognitive Services for Developerswith Sahil Malik1h 42m Intermediate
Creating Bots with the Microsoft Bot Framework, Part 1with Scott Peterson45m 41s Intermediate
Microsoft Cognitive Services for Developers: 1 Visionwith Sahil Malik2h 35m Intermediate
1. The Basics
2. Text Analytics API
3. Bing Spell Check API
4. Translator Text API
6. LUIS Authoring APIs
Next steps1m 7s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.