Explore the process of submitting an input text sample and have text analytics detect the language.
- The Text Analytics API allows me to do a number of things:…detect language, detect key phrases, or detect sentiment.…Let's start by looking at detect language.…So the thought behind this…is that I'm going to write a function…called detect language, pass any input text,…and with the help of the Text Analytics API,…it'll tell me what language Text Analytics API…thinks that that text is in.…
For sample data, I have two long strings over here.…They are conveying the same meaning,…but one of them is in English,…and the second one is in Spanish.…I welcome you to try with other languages,…or other text you wish as well.…This is just example text.…So let's go ahead…and also create a helper function at the end here…called getRequestOptions.…Usually, whenever we call the Text Analytics API,…or for that matter, most Microsoft cognitive services APIs,…we'll need to authenticate ourselves.…
And in order to authenticate myself,…I have to specify a certain header information.…The Ocp-Apim-Subscription-Key.…So with the help of that header,…
- Text Analytics API
- Detecting language using text analytics
- Detecting key phrases and sentiment
- Bing Spell Check API
- Translator Text API
- Writing code for translating between languages
- Performing text-to-speech
- Language Understanding (LUIS)
- Writing code to create a LUIS app
Skill Level Advanced
Creating Bots with the Microsoft Bot Framework, Part 1with Scott Peterson45m 41s Intermediate
Learning Microsoft Cognitive Services for Developerswith Sahil Malik1h 42m Intermediate
1. The Basics
2. Text Analytics API
3. Bing Spell Check API
4. Translator Text API
6. LUIS Authoring APIs
Next steps1m 7s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.