We look at a solution to manage drift in our environment.
- [Instructor] So far we've covered … how to bring our environments into compliance … through Security Center, policies, and blueprints. … Now we look at how to manage drift in our VMs. … The platform we're looking at for configuration management … is PowerShell Desired State Configuration. … This has been available since PowerShell version four. … At this point, you're probably asking, … "We already have PowerShell, why do we need this?" … Similar to our IAC tools, it's declarative syntax. … We specify the desired state … and it will take care of the rest. … It's also idempotent, … so we can repeat deployments and expect the same results. … Lastly, the configuration we specified … becomes our documentation and source of truth. … Lastly, the configuration becomes our documentation … and source of truth. … We've discussed similarities between orchestration … and configuration management tools. … Let's expand on the differences. … The primary difference between orchestration tools … in this platform is it focuses on managing servers. …
AuthorGurinder Singh Mann
- Developing an infrastructure strategy
- Managing technical debt
- Managing Amazon Kubernetes Service (AKS)
- Deploying applications on AKS
- Scaling your Kubernetes clusters
- Implementing infrastructure as code
- Deploying Azure resources via Terraform
- Implementing security and compliance
Skill Level Intermediate
Azure for DevOps: Dependency Managementwith Gurinder Singh Mann47m 5s Intermediate
Who is this course for?1m 4s
1. Infrastructure and Configuration Management
2. Manage Kubernetes Service
3. Implementing Infrastructure as Code
4. Implement Security and Compliance
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.