Deployment slots sits next to your production web app using a different URL. This makes it easy to test and update your applications, and then you just need to swap the deployment slot to have the updates available in the production environment. Check out all of the deployment slots features in this video.
- [Instructor] When you deploy … your web app or mobile app or even an API app … to the Azure app service, … we can use a separated deployment slot … instead of the default production one. … Deployment slots are basically a live application … that has a different host name from the production slot. … Then, app content and configuration elements … can be swapped between the two deployment slots, … making it easier for you to test your applications … and make sure that you have a valid deployment. … This can run for both Windows and Linux workers, … and you need to have one at least a standard tier, … so, standard, premium, or isolated app service plan tiers. … It's not available in the lower tiers. … So, swapping deployment slots, … it's an easy process that we can just do this … through the Azure portal, or we can even automate this … via PowerShell, Azure CLI, … or even if you want to use AzureDevOps pipeline. … We can define application settings to be slot specific. … So what do I mean with this? …
This course is an ideal deep dive for Azure admins and DevOps professionals wishing to understand more about how to use Azure App Service—as well as anyone wishing to advance their App Service skills in preparation for the AZ-103 Azure Admin exam.
- Azure App Service plans
- Overview of Azure Logic Apps and Functions
- Creating a web app in Azure
- Scaling web apps
- Running containers
- Managing App Service traffic and more
- Deploying Azure web apps
- Protecting your apps
- Authenticating users
- Backing up and monitoring App Service
Skill Level Intermediate
Azure Administration: Manage Identitieswith Sharon Bennett1h 15m Intermediate
What you should know1m 36s
1. Introduction to Azure App Service
2. Azure Web Apps
3. Managing App Service
5. Security and Advanced Features
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.