Deploying an application on Azure App Services is a process that can be done using several techniques. You can deploy using the WebDeploy protocol via PowerShell or Visual Studio. You can also use a traditional FTP transfer approach. In this video, compare the several deployment options for Azure App Services and learn when you should use them.
- When it comes to deployment of … web applications to web apps, … I can use Web Deploy protocol, … or the FTP protocol, … making the Web Deploy much reliable to date, … more modern protocol, … more specific for deploying web applications, … than the standard File Transfer Protocol. … So I really advise you to use Web Deploy, … and not FTP, but for legacy systems, … yes, it's still supported through FTP. … Also, I can use deployment slots … to create staging environments … like we already saw before in this course. … I can deploy directly from Visual Studio … or even Visual Studio Code. … This will use the Web Deploy by default. … You can also use Azure DevOps or Kudu … to automate the deployment process. … So you can have a source code in let's imagine, GitHub. … And then, Kudu, that will run on the server, … so on the App Service plan, … allowing you to manage certain aspects of the server. … You can also manage the Web Server processes, … and use it online, command line utility … to perform certain tasks, …
This course is an ideal deep dive for Azure admins and DevOps professionals wishing to understand more about how to use Azure App Service—as well as anyone wishing to advance their App Service skills in preparation for the AZ-103 Azure Admin exam.
- Azure App Service plans
- Overview of Azure Logic Apps and Functions
- Creating a web app in Azure
- Scaling web apps
- Running containers
- Managing App Service traffic and more
- Deploying Azure web apps
- Protecting your apps
- Authenticating users
- Backing up and monitoring App Service
Skill Level Intermediate
Azure Administration: Manage Identitieswith Sharon Bennett1h 15m Intermediate
What you should know1m 36s
1. Introduction to Azure App Service
2. Azure Web Apps
3. Managing App Service
5. Security and Advanced Features
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.