Join Mike Benkovich for an in-depth discussion in this video Deploy to a virtual machine, part of Azure Enterprise Development: 1 Governance and Infrastructure Deployments.
- [Narrator] So we're now back at our VM…and what we want to do is configure it…to support the web deploy and put an application onto it.…In the main overview, you'll see that we have…a Connect option where you can open up Remote Desktop.…You click that.…It downloads the RDP file…and then you can remote into the machine.…I've already got it running…and so what I'm going to do…is go into the Remote Desktop.…Here I've got the server manager.…If I wanted to, I could go through manually…the click through of setting this up…by going through and saying, okay,…here's what I want to do.…Do role based installations.…
Go down to your server roles…and then you'd pick out the IIS and the web deploy…and those things that you need.…And it would go through and...…You basically need to make sure you set it up the right way.…And then it works.…Fortunately, I can go in and open up a window.…If I go out to the documentation.…It has instructions on how to configure VM for web deploy.…Whether it's a new VM, which we just created…but we don't need to recreate the VM,…
Learn best practices for resource governance with resource groups, policies, tags, and role-based access control. Discover how to configure the infrastructure you need by provisioning virtual machines and creating virtual networks that connect your existing data centers to the cloud. Review the Azure disaster recovery features, and then learn how to use templates and automation to provision and deploy services more efficiently and consistently.
By the end of this overview, you will better understand the potential Azure has and be able to get the most value from the cloud. Watch part two of the series to learn how to modernize your apps with application services and the Azure PaaS offerings.
- Setting up an Azure subscription
- Implementing tags and policies
- Provisioning virtual machines
- Using Azure templates
- Operationalizing a virtual machine
- Using SQL Azure for data storage