Leveraging text commands to spin up reproducible infrastructure is extremely powerful and is one of the primary reasons for learning the Azure CLI. In this video, learn how to use the Azure CLI to deploy a virtual machine and its corresponding components.
- [Instructor] I'm going to show you how to create a resource … with the Microsoft Azure CLI. … And we're going to start with this. … We're going to start and come up here … and of course az. … What we want to do is a virtual machine … and with this virtual machine, … the base command, we're going to say create. … Now this is going to require certain information. … The first information is the name of the resource group … that you want to create this in. … So, we created a resource group just for this purpose. … Now I'm going to fill all this in … but keep in mind, I could just do -group. … for each one of these commands, … so resource-group … and the name of that resource group … and then we need the actual name … of the virtual machine we're creating … and we're going to call this azToolsVM1 … and we created this with the cli. … What kind of virtual machine are we going to create? … So, we have a --image … and then we have to say well, … how are we going to get into that? … So, we get into that is generate-ssh-keys …
- Customizing the Azure portal
- Creating and deploying resources
- Using the Azure CLI
- Deploying and configuring resources with the CLI
- Deploying and configuring resources with PowerShell
- Deploying resources with JSON templates