Templates are great for deploying repeatable resources. In this video, learn how to insert the proper parameters into a JSON template and run it to deploy a virtual machine.
- [Instructor] We are now ready to deploy this template … in Microsoft Azure. … We've gone through it and we've checked it out … and this is the one we need. … We're going to scroll down, … and look right here. … See where it says deploy to Azure? … We're going to check on it. … And notice what happens. … It takes us right into Microsoft Azure. … It sets up the template for us to use … and all we have to do is fill in the default information. … However, before we do that, I want to show you this. … One is edit template. … I'm going to check on edit template, … and there's two things that we have to focus on, right? … The variables and the parameters. … I'm going to come over here to variables. … And notice on the variables, … we have storage account name … and then it takes us right to the file itself. … Right to the syntax, … right to where we need to go in order to change … something on this file so it makes it very easy for us. … The network card name, the address prefix, … and then come down here and we have vm name. …
- Customizing the Azure portal
- Creating and deploying resources
- Using the Azure CLI
- Deploying and configuring resources with the CLI
- Deploying and configuring resources with PowerShell
- Deploying resources with JSON templates