We look at a package manager for Kubernetes named Helm and benefits of utilizing packages for deployments. We compare the package structure named charts against YAML files.
- [Instructor] Depending on the resources we want … to deploy in Kubernetes, … we have to define multiple yaml files. … Now this introduces some complexity. … We have to deploy yaml files in the correct sequence … as there may be dependencies. … And items need to be provisioned in the correct sequence … if we're going to reference them. … As our footprint grows, it introduces an additional layer … of complexity. … Yaml files need to deploy the correct version in order … to manage dependencies. … Take scenarios where we have to revert … to a previous version. … We now have to consider all the deployment files. … We may have ones that were discontinued … as part of this release. … We would need to include those. … You might be thinking … there's got to be a better way than this. … And fortunately, there is. … We have Helm, a package manager for Kubernetes. … We use package managers all the time. … Chocolatey for Windows, Apt for Debian, NPM for Node. … Helm solves a similar problem. … Coordinating Kubernetes deployments. …
AuthorGurinder Singh Mann
- Developing an infrastructure strategy
- Managing technical debt
- Managing Amazon Kubernetes Service (AKS)
- Deploying applications on AKS
- Scaling your Kubernetes clusters
- Implementing infrastructure as code
- Deploying Azure resources via Terraform
- Implementing security and compliance
Skill Level Intermediate
Azure for DevOps: Dependency Managementwith Gurinder Singh Mann47m 5s Intermediate
Who is this course for?1m 4s
1. Infrastructure and Configuration Management
2. Manage Kubernetes Service
3. Implementing Infrastructure as Code
4. Implement Security and Compliance
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.