We define a Terraform file for deploying our environment and discuss the structure for Azure deployments.
- We're going to provision a Cosmos DB instance … through Terraform. … I'm under the Azure Documentation they have available. … First thing you should notice … is Terraform deploys resources … through Azure Resource Manager API. … What I'm going to do here is now … head down on the left hand side and select Cosmos DB. … It gives a clear example on how to deploy the resources. … And if we navigate below, … there's reference material for the various arguments … and attributes. … Before proceeding further, … I think it's important that we install Terraform. … So let's do that. … I'm going back to a PowerShell Window, … that's in administrator mode. … And first thing I'm going to do is … I'm going to install using chocolatey … as we've done multiple times in this course. … And the term is just Terraform. … So let's hit enter here. … And I'm going to say yes to all. … Again, this should take about a minute. … The installation itself is pretty lightweight, … as it's written in Golang. … So there are no additional libraries …
AuthorGurinder Singh Mann
- Developing an infrastructure strategy
- Managing technical debt
- Managing Amazon Kubernetes Service (AKS)
- Deploying applications on AKS
- Scaling your Kubernetes clusters
- Implementing infrastructure as code
- Deploying Azure resources via Terraform
- Implementing security and compliance
Skill Level Intermediate
Azure for DevOps: Dependency Managementwith Gurinder Singh Mann47m 5s Intermediate
Who is this course for?1m 4s
1. Infrastructure and Configuration Management
2. Manage Kubernetes Service
3. Implementing Infrastructure as Code
4. Implement Security and Compliance
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.