Join Chander Dhall for an in-depth discussion in this video Data migration, part of NoSQL Development with DocumentDB in Azure.
- [Instructor] DocumentDB is so exciting…that a lot of newer greenfield projects…won't actually go on DocumentDB.…However, what happens to a lot of brownfield projects…where we need to migrate data over to DocumentDB?…Well, the good news is…there's an Azure DocumentDB Data Migration Tool,…and it can take care of a lot of things for you…including CSV files, JSON data, SQL,…and of course you can migrate…from an existing Azure DocumentDB account too.…You can also migrate MongoDB data…and Azure Table Storage,…so if you've ever used Azure Table Storage,…it's a really cool NoSQL database…except it's more like a key-value pair…over something like Azure DocumentDB…which is a complete NoSQL database.…
And then you can also transfer data over form Hbase,…and Amazon DynamoDB.…Personally, I believe that this list will only grow,…but it's a really good list to start with.…It also has a command line option,…so for example if you were to import a single JSON file,…you would use something like this.…So there's a process, dt.exe,…
- Back-end scaling fundamentals
- Fallacies of distributed computing
- Consistency models
- Data migration
- DocumentDB with .NET and Node.js
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Backend Scaling Fundamentals
2. Get Started with DocumentDB
3. DocumentDB with .NET
4. DocumentDB with Node.js
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.