Storage is required for any deployment whether physical or virtual, on premise or in a cloud solution. In this video, Sharon will explain the different types of Azure storage (blob, table, and file) for your IaaS solution. The two tiers of storage, standard and premium, will also be discussed and the use case for each.
- [Woman] We have already configured our virtual networks…and our resource groups as part of laying the foundation…for our deployment within Azure.…Next, we're going to go ahead and add virtual storage.…We are in the resource groups tab at this point.…I'm going to go ahead and add storage into…our MS Cloud resource group.…Our virtual machines already come with storage,…but we may want to add additional storage for other uses,…such as file share,…and I will show you how to do that now.…As before, I'm just going to click out,…and I'm going to filter for storage.…
In this case, it'll be a storage account.…Again, storage account,…and I'm going to go ahead and just hit create.…Now I can go ahead and create…the actual storage account itself.…You need to provide a name.…To keep it simple I'm going to use…the same resource group name that I've been using,…plus file storage.…That name is available.…I can see it by the green check mark.…Now we get to select our deployment model.…We have been working within…the Azure resource manager, or ARM.…
- Understanding cloud technologies
- Why Azure?
- Creating virtual networks and storage
- Using Azure Active Directory for identity management and protection
- Disaster recovery with Azure Backup and Azure Site Recovery
- Working with virtual machines