Join David Elfassy for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating virtual machines in Azure, part of Understanding Microsoft Azure Core Functionalities.
- If we're gonna use our Azure subscription…to host our infrastructure,…the simplest way of doing that…is by using virtual machines.…We can create virtual machines…that will be hosted on the virtualization host…that reside in the Azure data centers.…By default, we won't have any virtual machines…in Azure, and we need to create them.…We can also upload our own internal…virtual machines to Azure,…and then have them hosted in Azure.…If they are uploaded as VHDs,…they can then be loaded as virtual machines…from those VHDs into Azure.…Now let's go through the process…of creating a virtual machine.…
In order to create a virtual machine,…I'm gonna do this from my Management Portal.…Again, I can do this from the Preview Portal as well,…and I'm gonna click on the New button.…I have two options here,…to do a QUICK CREATE,…or create from a GALLERY.…Now the GALLERY is actually a list…of virtual machines that are available…and that are already existing in Azure…that I can select from.…Those are pre-created images.…QUICK CREATE allows me to select…
- Understanding Azure subscriptions
- Managing Azure with portals and PowerShell
- Configuring Azure web apps
- Deploying virtual machines
- Configuring virtual machines for high availability
- Managing Azure Active Directory
- Creating Azure virtual networks
- Implementing a VPN
- Performing Azure backups
Skill Level Intermediate
Virtualization Essential Trainingwith Martin Guidry2h 51m Beginner
Administration for Cloud-Based Office 365with David Elfassy2h 32m Intermediate
Up and Running with Azure Mobile Serviceswith David Isbitski2h 17m Intermediate
1. Getting Familiar with Microsoft Azure
2. Microsoft Azure Services
3. Microsoft Azure Networking
4. Managing Azure Resources
Next steps1m 17s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.