In this video, get an introduction to the application CrazyBump. Learn how to create bump maps for your 3D models that reduce unnecessary detail, and how to improve the optimization of your application.
- Okay so, using bump maps and normal maps,…there's this tool, CrazyBump.…- CrazyBump.…- That lets us-- - Very, very useful tool…for a developer especially who just wants…to throw on a bump map onto a floor…or something and not worry about it.…- All right, let's cut over to your machine…and let's have a look at CrazyBump.…This is CrazyBump unreleased,…but hopefully released soon.…And let's get started.…- [Woman] So, you can open an image in CrazyBump,…you can open a height map,…create a height map from the image or a normal map.…
We're going to create a normal map.…We can go and I've got a few pictures that we can use.…So we've got some images here.…Bump map images, here we go.…So I've got a wood texture and a floor texture.…So we, let's create a wood bump map.…
Just expand this a little bit.…So, CrazyBump gives you a 3D object here…that you can preview your normal map on…and it gives you a whole bunch of options…on specularity and turning diffuse on and off,…colored lights, and occlusion.…Not a lot that you really need to worry about.…
- Mixed reality
- Setting up the camera and scenes
- Gaze in Unity
- Building movement and teleporting
- Setting up audio in Unity
- Conditional compilation in Unity
- Creating simple models using Paint 3D
- Topology and polygon count
- Normal maps, bump maps, and CrazyBump
- Fixing issues using Maya and Visual Studio
- Exploring the frame debugger
- Building an application in Visual Studio
- Submitting an app to the Windows Store
Skill Level Intermediate
App Development for Microsoft HoloLenswith Dennis Vroegop2h 53m Intermediate
1. Introduction to Unity
2. Developing in Unity: Gaze
3. Developing in Unity: Movement
4. Developing in Unity: Speech and Audio
5. Conditional Compilation
Building for UWP5m 5s
6. Designing for MR
7. Optimization and Debugging
8. Deploying with Visual Studio 2017
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.