This video describes the concept of an Azure AD tenant, what it consists of, and how to go about creating one.
- Okay, first thing's first, … before I start poking around the Azure portal, … here is what you need to know. … You've heard of the word tenant quite a few times so far, … but what does it exactly mean? … In a window server environment … what we typically have is a Forest. … A Tenant in Azure AD is its … equal valued counterpart in the cloud. … That's probably the best way to describe it … and I say equal valued … because if we look at the bigger picture … they're almost similar in function … with the exception of a few minor differences. … Let's look at the comparison of the similarities … and differences to better understand … the concept of a Tenant in Azure AD … and how it's created. … An administrator manually creates a Forest … during the installation of the first instance … of AD DS on the network. … On the other hand, … a default directory on a default Azure AD Tenant … is automatically created when we sign up … for an Azure subscription. … We don't have to do anything in particular manually. …
AuthorKunal D Mehta
- Using the Azure AD Connect tool
- User and group management in Azure
- Azure AD security features
- Azure AD support for open standards
- Provisioning an Azure AD tenant
- How Azure AD may affect infrastructure costs and growth
- How Azure AD impacts employee efficiency
Skill Level Beginner
Microsoft Azure: Security Conceptswith David Elfassy2h 9m Intermediate
Microsoft Azure: Networking Conceptswith David Elfassy1h 54m Intermediate
Microsoft Azure: Active Directorywith David Elfassy2h 6m Intermediate
1. Azure Active Directory Fundamentals
2. Industry Standards and Compliance
3. Provisioning an Azure AD Tenant
4. Potential Business Impact of Azure AD Adoption
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.