Join David Elfassy for an in-depth discussion in this video Create and manage group accounts, part of Learn Microsoft Azure: Active Directory.
- [Voiceover] Similarly to Active Directory on Premise,…Azure Active Directory has a groups functionality.…The groups are used to group various users together…and then assign them permissions or send them…notifications and use them as a single entity…within your Azure Active Directory.…Now note here that I have two types of groups,…or sourced from groups, within my net logon travel…directory I have Office 365 groups, or a group…that was actually created as a distribution list…within Office 365, and a group that I created…within Azure Active Directory, so I used it,…I created it directly from this interface.…
Now I can go and manage any one of these groups…and I can create additional groups.…So let me go first and create a new group.…When I click on Add Group,…I'm going to give the group a name.…So I'm going to call this group Sales.…We create a group for the Sales Department.…Now I'll give it a description,…say this is the Sales Department Group.…Click on the check box, and now my group…has been successfully created.…
Microsoft Azure Active Directory (Azure AD) provides most of the rich functionalities of Active Directory, with the conveniences of cloud-based computing. Azure AD also offers developers a great way to integrate identity management into applications. In this Azure training course, David Elfassy introduces the terminology and feature set in Azure AD. He shows how to implement and manage user and group accounts, join client computers, and implement single sign-on and multifactor authentication. (Industry standard protocols such as SAML 2.0, WS-Federation, and OpenID Connect makes sign-on possible on a variety of platforms.) In the final chapters of the course, David reviews the more advanced reporting and features in Azure AD and Azure AD Connect, including syncing on-premise Active Directory and Azure AD.
- Understanding directory as a service (DaaS)
- Using Azure AD management tools
- Creating an Azure AD directory
- Managing users and groups
- Enabling Active Directory self-service
- Implementing Azure AD authentication
- Running Active Directory reports