If you need to create the same kind of VM over and over, or if you want to automate certain aspects of your deployments, scripting is a good starting point. In this video, learn how to deploy a VM using PowerShell.
- [Instructor] Let's see how can we achieve … the same result by using PowerShell. … So, we are going to start inside a PowerShell ISE. … As I mentioned earlier, we can run … exactly the same thing inside Azure Cloud Shell, … but I would prefer to run it from here … because I want to show you … how you can use different aspect. … The first thing we need to do is to … log into our Azure account. … So, we do that by calling Login-AzAccount. … I put here as a comment Login-AzureRmAccount, … and the reason I put that is because … Microsoft changed the names of the prefix, … so before it was AzureRm, … and then they realized it is too long, … so they went and said … everything should now be called Az. … So both AzureRmAccount and AzAccount would be valid names. … Now, if you see either of them … when you take the certification, … both of them would be actually valid. … Now, let's see how that runs. … If I press this run selection, or F8, … it will run only one line at at time, … so I just want to run line-by-line …
- Implementing solutions that use virtual machines
- Options for creating virtual machines
- Creating a virtual machine using PowerShell
- Configuring Azure Disk Encryption for VMs
- Running a batch job using PowerShell and CLI
- Creating and running a batch job using .NET