Join Chander Dhall for an in-depth discussion in this video Consistency models, part of NoSQL Development with DocumentDB in Azure.
- [Instructor] Consistency Models.…It's very important to understand the consistency models…in DocumentDB as it is one of the very few databases…that provides us with a wide variety of those.…A default consistency level can be configured…on your database accounts.…This applies to all collections across all of the databases.…All reads and queries of the user-defined resources will…by default, use the consistency level specified…on the database account.…
However, you can change the consistency level…of a specific query by changing the header…that's listed right here.…It's x-ms-consistency-level.…So, there are four different kinds of consistency levels…supported by DocumentDB.…The first one is strong consistency,…something you see in an RDBMS.…A read operation with strong consistency is higher…than any of the others, but it's almost equal to the one…in bounded staleness.…
DocumentDB accounts using strong consistency…cannot associate more than one Azure region…with the DocumentDB account.…In strong consistency, the structure guarantees the reads…
- Back-end scaling fundamentals
- Fallacies of distributed computing
- Consistency models
- Data migration
- DocumentDB with .NET and Node.js
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Backend Scaling Fundamentals
2. Get Started with DocumentDB
3. DocumentDB with .NET
4. DocumentDB with Node.js
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.