Join David Elfassy for an in-depth discussion in this video Connecting to virtual machines in Azure, part of Understanding Microsoft Azure Core Functionalities.
- Now we've created a virtual machine,…we've configured our virtual machine,…now let's actually use that virtual machine,…let's connect to it.…So in order to connect to the virtual machine…simply from the management Azure portal…there's a Connect button.…Now that Connect button doesn't actually connect…you directly to the virtual machine,…what it does is it downloads an RDP file.…RDP, or Remote Desktop Protocol,…is the protocol that will be used to establish…a direct connection to the virtual machine…over the internet.…Now that connection as we noted before…is going over a custom port,…and that port is also encrypted.…
Now it's asking me for my authentication information.…Now this the User name and Password that I specified…during the creation of that virtual machine.…Later on, if I configure additional options…on that virtual machine I can change…that User name and Password…and actually provide access to multiple users…to that virtual machine.…Now it's asking me to trust a certificate,…because there is a self-sign certificate on that machine,…
- Understanding Azure subscriptions
- Managing Azure with portals and PowerShell
- Configuring Azure web apps
- Deploying virtual machines
- Configuring virtual machines for high availability
- Managing Azure Active Directory
- Creating Azure virtual networks
- Implementing a VPN
- Performing Azure backups
Skill Level Intermediate
Virtualization Essential Trainingwith Martin Guidry2h 51m Beginner
Administration for Cloud-Based Office 365with David Elfassy2h 32m Intermediate
Up and Running with Azure Mobile Serviceswith David Isbitski2h 17m Intermediate
1. Getting Familiar with Microsoft Azure
2. Microsoft Azure Services
3. Microsoft Azure Networking
4. Managing Azure Resources
Next steps1m 17s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.