Join Tiago Costa for an in-depth discussion in this video Configuring autoscaling, part of Azure Administration: Implement and Manage Application Services.
- So if you have an application … that have unpredictable loads, … it's always important to automate the scaling of your app. … So let's create some autoscaling rules for your web app. … So if we go to our web app … and if we scroll down to scale out … and see this is done on the App Service plan level, … we can enable autoscaling. … Enabling autoscaling, we have the choice to scale … based on the metric or scale … based on a specific instance count. … For us, scale on the metric is perfect … and I need to do is create a rule … that will increase the number of instances … when I have more demand … and I will do the opposite. … So when I have less demand than I'm expecting, … I will decrease the number of instances. … So let's increase the number of instances first. … So I will say yeah, it's a CPU rule and then … the average is greater than, … I will not say 70, let's just say 75% … because we feel that 75% will be, … for our type of workload, the best … that we can reach with this during 10 minutes. …
This course is an ideal deep dive for Azure admins and DevOps professionals wishing to understand more about how to use Azure App Service—as well as anyone wishing to advance their App Service skills in preparation for the AZ-103 Azure Admin exam.
- Azure App Service plans
- Overview of Azure Logic Apps and Functions
- Creating a web app in Azure
- Scaling web apps
- Running containers
- Managing App Service traffic and more
- Deploying Azure web apps
- Protecting your apps
- Authenticating users
- Backing up and monitoring App Service
Skill Level Intermediate
Azure Administration: Manage Identitieswith Sharon Bennett1h 15m Intermediate
What you should know1m 36s
1. Introduction to Azure App Service
2. Azure Web Apps
3. Managing App Service
5. Security and Advanced Features
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.