Under the Application Settings blade, you have several options when it comes to configuring your web applications. In this video, discover all the options and learn about some best practices.
- [Instructor] All web apps … have some kind of configuration needed. … The method of storing and accessing those settings … will vary from app to app platform. … In ASP.NET, for example, they are normally stored … as the appSettings element … on the web.config or the app.config. … The Microsoft Azure Web App service allows … for these application settings to be configured … within the Azure Web App configuration. … So it can just go to the portal, and you can just define … application settings also over there. … With .NET applications, the application settings … are accessed exactly as App Service app settings … that are contained within the web.config file. … Other platforms, like for example … Java, Node, PHD, or Python, … those application settings are usually … accessed as environmental variables. … All of this that is stored on the web app configuration … is encrypted at rest by default. … We can update them via the Azure portal, … ARM templates, PowerShell, or Azure CLI. … They can also be slot dependent. …
This course is an ideal deep dive for Azure admins and DevOps professionals wishing to understand more about how to use Azure App Service—as well as anyone wishing to advance their App Service skills in preparation for the AZ-103 Azure Admin exam.
- Azure App Service plans
- Overview of Azure Logic Apps and Functions
- Creating a web app in Azure
- Scaling web apps
- Running containers
- Managing App Service traffic and more
- Deploying Azure web apps
- Protecting your apps
- Authenticating users
- Backing up and monitoring App Service
Skill Level Intermediate
Azure Administration: Manage Identitieswith Sharon Bennett1h 15m Intermediate
What you should know1m 36s
1. Introduction to Azure App Service
2. Azure Web Apps
3. Managing App Service
5. Security and Advanced Features
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.