Learn how to configure Azure Storage Service Encryption—a core component in protecting structured data at rest.
- [Instructor] You may be challenged on your knowledge … of storage service encryption in Azure on the AZ-500 exam, … that is encryption at the storage account level. … So let's go over to the Azure portal … and look at how this is configured … and talk a bit about how it works. … So I'll click on storage account here in the Azure portal, … in the navigation pane and I'll start by clicking … on an existing storage account. … This happens to be a V2 storage account … used for Azure Kubernetes Services. … Although it really doesn't matter … what this account is used for, … because what this storage account has in common … with all storage accounts in Azure, … is that data is encrypted and decrypted transparently … using a 256 bit AES algorithm, a very strong block cipher. … You'll notice that I do have the option … to configure customer managed keys, … meaning I can manage the encryption key myself. … By default, Microsoft manages that key for me … and that is the majority case scenario. …
- Configuring security policies
- Enabling data authentication and auditing
- Configuring security for storage accounts
- Configuring Azure AD authentication
- Configuring security for Cosmos DB and Azure Data Lake